October 01, 2009

Turning My "Cantz" Into "Canz"


Last night, it was brought to my attention that I'm really NOT following the Weight Watchers plan if I'm ONLY staying within my points allowance but neglecting to follow the Healthy Guidelines (HG's). When it was mentioned, I immediately came up with excuses (which I thought were legitimate) as to why I was unable to meet those HG's. Mainly, my excuse was money....that I didn't have the money to buy the proper foods to get those daily nutrients in. Boy! There was a flood of people who wrote to tell me how my budget was not an excuse. At first, I must admit, I was closed-off to what they were saying. I took it as a personal attack and felt like I needed to defend myself (at the same time being resentful, realizing I owed them nothing). But, amidst the "criticism" was wisdom. (Isn't that the best kind of correction?). Women were giving me tip after tip, and lists and lists of items which were healthy and low cost. In fact, looking at it this morning, I can eat wonderfully, healthy food for very little cost and this weight will fall right off me! I set out, in the beginning, with the idea that I CAN get this weight off. But, realized this morning that, unless I change ALL "can't do" attitudes, I will not be able to go strong for the long-haul. I think it will take approximately 2 years for me to get the weight off. I CAN do this IF I will change my thinking. There are no excuses and there are NO OBSTACLES that can defeat me unless I allow them. Thank you to all the ladies on the WW boards for reeling me into the REAL reality...and not the reality I had my mind stuck in. Behavioral habits follow your thinking. The mind controls the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment