My dear little rag doll,
With the painted on smile,
If you’ve got the time
Can we talk for awhile?
I seem to be spiraling
Quickly out of control.
I’ve followed emotions
Which have misled my soul.
I’ve clung tightly to that
Which was never my own.
Deceiving myself
Has left me alone.
My mind often races
And chaos overtakes.
I stay just head-above-water
In a sea of mistakes.
You’ve heard my heart wailing.
Absorbed rivers of tears.
You’ve partnered in prayer.
And know my private fears.
With your placid eyes
You have witnessed it all.
Yet you remain steadfast…
An inanimate doll.
United we’ve conquered.
Warred spirits; fought sorrow;
We’ve laughed and we’ve cried
As we’ll do again tomorrow.
So…sleep next to me
And I’ll hold you tight.
Thank you for listening
Dear rag doll, goodnight.
Cheri Avila 2/6/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment