February 01, 2010

Shoulders: February 1, 2010

Okay.  I've decided to do something rather risky.  I have decided to start documenting some of the things I notice that aren't so bad about my body.  Now...this is not intended to be too "showy" (however that's spelled)...but I want to start documenting, in pics and in writing, the changes I notice in my figure and my frame.  I'm going to take a weekly pic of a body part and write a little something about it.  Then, over time, I will try to come back and give some before/after comparisons.  I have lost just under 30 lbs (probably 30 by now, but won't know 'til Thursday) and have not lost even one clothing size.  So, I'm thinking I need to just start looking for noticeable changes which are occurring.  So, here goes...........

SHOULDERS:  February 1, 2010

I realized today that I'm beginning to feel my collar bone and that my shoulders feel more "squared up".  What I mean is that, with improvement in my posture (bound to have happened after eliminating 30#'s of excess weight), my shoulders don't droop anymore but are now more in alignment straight across.  Also, my shoulders and chest area don't look puffy as they had when I was heavier.  I see my shoulders getting some definition rather than just being "thick".  

MY HOPE: 
I have a desire to wear so many of the cute little jackets I see and feel like I've always looked so bulky in them, mainly due to my wide shoulders.  I now believe that, as my shoulders become more shapely, I'll be able to treat myself to a couple of them this spring!

2 comments:

  1. Documenting things you love about your body is a great idea! I love it! It will help you focus on the positive, which is what we all need to keep focusing on, right? Your shoulder looks fab, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! That really IS a great shoulder. :D That is so cool. What is most cool is that you are able to recognize that you DO have postive physical aspects right NOW. Very cool, indeed. Deb

    ReplyDelete