February 25, 2010

I Wanna Post My 40 lbs Pic

I'm so anxious to post my next pic...my 40 lb pic (in my red dress!).  My 20 lb pic was a good visual for me, because after losing 20 lbs I was still in the same size clothing and hadn't really "felt" any changes yet.  But, once I saw the pics of me at my heaviest and me with 20 lbs off side by side, the visual helped me to press on.  I could see changes.  As with all of us who are overweight, we never like full body shots.  I was SO embarrassed to post that first one at my starting weight of 328.8.  But, I'm glad I did.  I'm glad I asked my daughter to take the pic.  Not to shame me.  Those days are over!  But, to encourage me as I compare the pictures as my weight drops.  It's going to be a tremendous aid along my journey.  

I've been talking about that darn red dress since September.  I had planned to wear it for my 45th birthday in January (and it's still hanging in the closet).  I've lost 31.6 lbs and my clothes are (finally) starting to get loose on me.  I've got 8.4 lbs left to lose to reach my 40# goal and post that next pic.  (I'm even thinking about inviting several girlfriends to dinner and INSISTING they dress up with me...just so I'll have a place to wear it!)

2 comments:

  1. Inviting friends for dress up! What fun!! And congratulations on pushing past that 30 pounds lost!!! Way to go. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously- 31.6 pounds is amazing! I'm so proud, and you should be too! Way to do a great job and change your life. You MUST take pics in the red dress as soon as you get into it, I can't wait! I'm cheering for ya! Thank you for the great comment on my post yesterday, btw- you are amazing and fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete