The last 3 weeks for me have been, to say the least, stressful. Just as I have in the past, when the pressure came I fled to food. When I was over-tired, I fled to food. When I was sad or burdened, I fled to food. But, THIS time was a bit different. THIS time I already made up my mind to succeed. THIS time I didn't beat myself up for backsliding. THIS time I didn't allow myself to throw in the towel. Instead, I CHOSE to cut myself some slack, knowing that trying to concentrate on the problems at hand, get the rest I needed, still be a mother and still bring in food and pay bills and (and, and, and.....) that making the time to shop for food, weigh food, measure food, record what I had eaten, plan meals...and all of that (which is quite important to my success), was just more than I could do FOR THE TIME BEING. Instead of freaking out I set my attention on CHANGING the circumstances and making as many good food choices as I was able to make (which, truly, weren't many).
So...after a 3 week hiatus (the first 2 weeks of which I gained weight), I confidently (and I say "confidently" even though I was fully expecting a gain) stepped on the scales yesterday, and to my surprise, I lost a whopping 5.6 lbs!!! I had to look at the scales 3 times to be sure!!! I still have 2 lbs of my gained weight to get off...but it doesn't matter. What matters is that I held ground, psychologically and emotionally, until I could regain my footing and I'm PROUD OF MYSELF for doing so!
I'm anticipating another crazy week ahead. I start training for a new job on Monday and will be working my cashier job in the evenings. This will make for very long (14 hr) work days. But, I know this AHEAD of time. Therefore, I can plan my strategy. I'm off work today. Therefore, I can plan my meals, do some grocery shopping and get the proper amount of water and rest. It's called being PRO-ACTIVE. What a concept! I've never really practiced that before! LOL! But, I betcha those people I know who are successful and disciplined in their lives (most of who coincidently don't have weight issues) do.
So...after a 3 week hiatus (the first 2 weeks of which I gained weight), I confidently (and I say "confidently" even though I was fully expecting a gain) stepped on the scales yesterday, and to my surprise, I lost a whopping 5.6 lbs!!! I had to look at the scales 3 times to be sure!!! I still have 2 lbs of my gained weight to get off...but it doesn't matter. What matters is that I held ground, psychologically and emotionally, until I could regain my footing and I'm PROUD OF MYSELF for doing so!
I'm anticipating another crazy week ahead. I start training for a new job on Monday and will be working my cashier job in the evenings. This will make for very long (14 hr) work days. But, I know this AHEAD of time. Therefore, I can plan my strategy. I'm off work today. Therefore, I can plan my meals, do some grocery shopping and get the proper amount of water and rest. It's called being PRO-ACTIVE. What a concept! I've never really practiced that before! LOL! But, I betcha those people I know who are successful and disciplined in their lives (most of who coincidently don't have weight issues) do.







Cheri, What a wonderful post! You've got that second wind--and I'm so glad! the Highway to Thin is tough and long--but worth eveery step.
ReplyDeleteRight now, I could have written the first part of your post myself--the end, not so much. I'm struggling a bit right now and your words were just the ones I needed! Thanks.
Deb