September 26, 2009

Tying My Shoes On The Inside


I'm fortunate.  Even with a BMI of 49 (which is about twice the recommended "healthy" BMI), I am in relatively good health.  I have no diabetes; my blood pressure is PERFECT; I can stand and move for a full shift at work; I can climb stairs and do a moderate amount of strenuous exercise.  But, here are some of the things I have trouble with at this size:
  • Painting my toenails
  • Getting in and out of low riding cars
  • Getting on and off of motorcycles
  • Being completely uncomfortable in movie theater seats
  • Having to sometimes squeeze into restaurant booths
  • Wanting to stand in the back when group photos are taken
  • Crying when I see photos of myself
  • Seatbelts/safety bars on amusement park rides don't always fit
  • Hearing other peoples comments when they hear/read about another 300+ lb woman (then, when confronted, they only say "you don't LOOK that heavy".)
  • When wanting something "cute" to wear, it has to be a purse, shoes, or jewelry.
  • Wearing girdles
  • And tying my shoes on the inside
I am grateful to God for sustaining my emotional and physical health thus far and I am looking forward to the day when these other nuisances are no longer issues in my life.  They will be subtle changes, but I'll be watchin' for 'em.  I am going to look for all the changes that occur as I travel this road.  If I'm only concerned with the number on the scale, I'm going to miss out on the other successes along the way.  WW calls 'em NSV's (non-scale victories).

No comments:

Post a Comment