June 29, 2010

Do I See What You See?

If you've been following my posts for very long you will see that, occasionally (although I had intended to do it often), I take a minute to post about my body parts.  I mean, that commercials says we should care for all our 2,000 parts - and this journey has taught me that in order to "care" about myself (made up of ALL my parts) that I must "love" myself (and all my parts).  And, how do we first fall in love?  By recognizing not only the obvious attributes in our beloved, but also the obscure.  So, I'm looking at myself with more interest.  I'm not just seeing a fat woman in the mirror anymore.  I'm looking deeper and falling in love (if you will) with myself.

I've periodically posted a little picture and a statement about the things I like about my body.  I've written about my shoulders, my curves, my pretty face.  And now, I'm noticing my eyes.  Often, I wish I had those "beautiful-kind-of" eyelids that models have (the one's they show in the eye makeup ads); or I am too focused on the fact that my lids are beginning to show signs of aging; or that I don't have long, thick (Bambi) eyelashes.  Sometimes, I all I see is that they're smaller than I wish they were.  But, look at them.  How beautiful and blue they are.  How clear and bright they are.  How healthy and youthful they are.  And I look at people when I talk to them.  I didn't always do that.  I used to be so shy I would just turn my eyes away.  Now I am more confident and I'm not afraid to look a person in the face.  So,  I'd say my eyes add something to my beauty.  

Yes.....I'm learning that quite a few of my 2,000 parts are just fine!  Some of them are actually kinda pretty!  *wink*

1 comment:

  1. Cheri, That picture is simpy beautiful! I think you should have it printed out and framed. Really.

    Thanks for your kind comments on my post, by the way.

    We're gonna get thhis thing done!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete