Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is a journey which began 9/11/09. Reaching a peak weight of 328.8 lbs at 44 years old brought me to tears and brought me to the mindset where I was ready for change! Here, I'll document that journey to freedom from food addiction and self-destructive behaviors - with (sometimes brutal) honesty!
You are so right--you mustn't give up! It's hard not to, tho. It almost feels less painful to just quit. I know.
ReplyDeleteI am dreading my own weigh-in. Since my group meets on Thursday, it was cancelled on Christmas Eve and will be cancelled again on New Year's Eve--so I am not actually scheduled for a weigh-in until Jan. 7.
On the one hand, I'm glad and hoping I can undo some of the damage...but on the other hand, I want to just weigh in, get the grim news and feel like I have a fresh start. I'm afraid I won't dig in otherwise. Today was hard and it would be so easy to just hang it up.
Hanging it up SEEMS easy--but we both know the psychic and physical cost of that 'easy' decision. SO WE WILL HANG IN THERE! Yes, we will!!
Deb