July 12, 2011

Changed Thinking ~ A Mighty Sword!

I gained 4 lbs this week.  You'll notice, there is no exclamation point after that statement.  That is because I'm an neither surprised or upset.  It happens.  I had a bad week.  I've been on a bit of an emotional roller-coaster and it had it's affect on me.  I'm okay.  Sure...a bit disappointed in myself...but for what good?  To bash myself?  To belittle myself?  To discourage myself?  No!!!  (note:  3 exclamation points)  I'm doing fine.  In 12 weeks, I've lost 12.6 lbs.  Even at this rate...in a year...I will have lost 52 lbs.  I'm still attending Weight Watchers meetings.  I'm participating.  I'm tracking (some days...which is better than none days).  I'm making better choices overall.  I'm doing alright.  There's no reason to feel ashamed of myself or declare myself a "failure" because I gained 4 lbs.  I came home from my meeting, made a healthy dinner and I'm taking a minute to write down how I am feeling.

The weight gain was the result of several out-of-control "binges" last week.  My moods were spiking high, high, high...then plummeting into lonely lows.  There was a reason I gained.  Obviously, it was because I over ate.  But, there is a REASON I gained.  There was a CAUSE to those binges.  I've identified the reason/cause and will now work on repositioning myself so that I might better recognize the damaging emotions as they come up ... rather than allowing them to overtake me and throw me off course. 

I'm proud of my accomplishments thus far.  Even the accomplishments from 2 years ago when I began this blog that have (seemingly) come undone.  I may not have met my original goals, but I've changed a lot since that first step in September, 2009.  Weight loss (or not)....I am winning this battle of the bulge through changed thinking!

And weight loss will be my reward - whether six months, a year, two years......doesn't matter.  I got this!

(pic:  Copyright: ©Peter J. Jones.)

No comments:

Post a Comment