January 22, 2011

Week 1 Weigh In

When typing the title of this post, I was tempted to write "Week 1 (again) Weigh In".  But, then I was quickened not to.  It's that kind of negative, sarcastic self-talk that weakens me.  The title of this post is "WEEK 1 WEIGH IN".  I lost 1.8 pounds. 

Now, to continue....

I began the week off running full throttle and quickly the weight started dropping.  I had 8 lbs off within the first 3 days.  A few things happened this week which hindered my weight loss and left me with a less than hoped for weight loss.  (By the way..."hoping" to lose weight doesn't work.  Working at weight loss is the only guaranteed route to success.  We all know that, yet we still eat crappy and cross our fingers and hope for a loss, don't we?  - but, that's a topic for another post).
  • Had a day where I binged -  After the binge, I had the hardest time getting back on track and stopped logging my food intake
  • Was taking a series of steroids perscribed for a back injury - I'm not sure of the impact that had on weight loss, but I've heard it does. (I need to educated myself on this).
  • Started my period - Water weight gain and a craving for fattening foods
So...all this being said...there were circumstances beyond my control that inhibited weight loss adding to the typical things that I allowed to pull me off track (like my daughters request that we order pizza at 10:45 last night...which I, of course, obliged!  Oh...and did you know that Dominos has those delectible little chocolate lava cakes?  I've known that for awhile.  I wish I never knew that!  LOL)  And...if you've "blown it" already, you might as well have some "real" soda to wash it all down, right?

Yes, I realize I've included some sarcasm to spank myself on the butt with.  But, it's not out of shame.  It's just a reminder of where I went wrong and how I could have made a better choice.  I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't finish out the week as strong as I started it, but I'm proud of myself for finally at least trying.  I've been off program for so long and I've gained so much.  I'm just very happy to be back on the right road.  It feels good to be back in control.

1.8 lbs is not much at all for a first week weight loss (historically speaking).  However, even while I was writing this post a friend sent me a nice little note saying ‎"1.8 a week is 93 lbs a year.  That's not bad or too much, too fast.  It's healthy.  Keep it up..." and now I feel proud as proud can be!  (Thanks for the encouragement, Wayne).

I lost 1.8 lbs this week!  I freakin' rock!!!

And by the way....yesterday was my 46th birthday and I kept true to my word.  I would not be fat...ter AND forty...er!

*whew*

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the loss--and here's to a continued start that ROCKS!

    Hey. There's a song on my blog you might like. It's on a post from early this week called, "Strengthening the Weary Heart."

    Deb

    ReplyDelete