May 18, 2012

DAY 3: HAPPY STRESS?

Day 3 went well.  The meals I ate during the day were sensible and healthy, born of conscious choice.  Was a little sore from the prior days' workout, but a nice kind'o sore  :)    I'm already seeing my energy level increase and swelling reduced.  I'm writing this post the "morning after".  (Wish there was a morning after pill for when you carelessly eat the night before! HA!)

I worked from 7 a.m. 'til 10:30 p.m.  The first part of my day at the hotel and the second part doing a party (I own a home party business).  Anyway....

I realized this morning that not only do I binge eat when I'm angry or sad.  I binge when I'm happy too  :(   I left the party last night energized and happy.  Had a great night with the Girls and made some money.  Snacked on some great food that hostess served (didn't over-indulge).  The day just went great.  Yet...I left the party and immediately drove (the opposite direction of home) just to buy food to eat.  I wasn't hungry.  I was wound up!  I was happy!  I was really feeling great.  A little tired, yes (it's was 10:30 pm) and had an hour drive home. 

I don't know why I was so compelled to drive to buy the food.  I wasn't hungry.  I wasn't terribly tired.  I enjoy driving...so there was no negative feelings flowing through my brain.  Yet, I couldn't (didn't) keep from buying food and (once again) going over my calorie budget, ultimately sabotaging and countering all the "good" choices I had made earlier in the day.

I'm writing this post the morning after.  It only, this morning, occurred to me that I do this.....that I binge when I'm happy too....when I'm happily stressed. 

I can't change what I did last night, but I'm intent on paying attention to the reasons why I have these frequent episodes of binge eating.  I'm not going to beat myself up.  I'm really hoping (been at this for a couple of years now) to Master my emotions and to gain control over this compulsive over-eating.  Today is a new day.  I have a new opportunity to step forward toward my goal of a healthy, strong body and sound mind...free from bouts of self-loathing, depression, and fear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment